Hip pain is a very common condition that involves any type of discomfort in or around the hip joint. You may not feel pain from your hip directly, the pain can occur outside of your hip, upper thigh, or outer buttock. This pain can be caused by a wide variety of issues, however, this pain is usually caused by problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other soft tissues that surround your hip joint. The precise location of your pain can provide important information for your chiropractor to diagnose and treat your condition.
How to help prevent hip joint pain:
- Ice or heat.
- Control your weight
- Stretch or do yoga regularly
- Get annual check-ups
- Exercise- make sure to do exercises that are appropriate for your age and physical condition
If you have any of these issues seek medical attention
- Your pain is getting worse
- Inability to move your leg or hip
- Inability to bear weight on the affected leg
- Intense pain, sudden sharp pain in the hip that comes and goes
- Sudden swelling
- Any signs of infection (fever, chills, redness)
Find Relief From Your Hip Pain
Don’t stay stuck in your pain, if you are experiencing hip pain or any other pain that is keeping you from doing the things you love, check out our services.
Our medical team and chiropractors are experienced in treating hip pain and can help patients make a full recovery. We care about helping you find relief, for more information contact us today for a free phone consultation. We can help you find the lasting relief you deserve.